Nowadays many new ways are available with sellers to promote his business and take it beyond his state’s boundaries. Same way, the popular messaging app WhatsApp has also introduced a feature to aid business owners to promote their business and the name of that feature is WhatsApp business account.
For using WhatsApp business you need to download the WhatsApp business app from the play store and then you can switch your account from a normal Whatsapp account to WhatsApp Business account.
Whatsapp business account is packed with tons of features for a business owner, but sometimes you need a break from business right?
Or maybe you are willing to switch your business from online selling to local selling.
Or maybe now you don’t need a business account at all.
Whatever the reason may be you can always switch your Whatsapp business account to a normal account and the steps to do so are very easy.
In this blog, I will share with you all the things you need to do for switching your Whatsapp business account back to a normal Whatsapp account.
Things to keep in mind before switching your Whatsapp Business Account back to a Normal WhatsApp Account
- You can not use a WhatsApp business account and WhatsApp normal account simultaneously with a single phone number. You can use either of the two at a time with a single number.
- Remember to back up your data in your Whatsapp business account so that you can use it in your normal account.
- Deleting your whole WhatsApp business account is not necessary you can just uninstall the app and it will work just fine.
- If you have an android phone with WhatsApp business logged in and you want to transfer your data to an IOS device then it is not possible. Yes, there are some third-party apps like Drfone to do so but we won’t recommend you use them. However, if you are still willing to do so you can use apps like MobileTrans and Dr.Fone.
Now that you have the necessary things in mind, let us move on to the steps that you have to follow to switch your WhatsApp business account back to a normal WhatsApp account.
How To Switch your WhatsApp Business Account back to a normal WhatsApp Account
Follow these simple steps to switch your WhatsApp business account back to a normal account.
First back up your data. Don’t know how to do it? Follow these steps.
How To Back Up Data on WhatsApp
- Step 1: Tap on the three dots present on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Select settings
- Step 3: Then go to ‘chats’
- Step 4: Then tap on ‘chat backup’
- Step 5: Then tap on ‘backup’
- And your backup process will begin.
You can totally skip this part if you don’t want to back up your data.
Steps to Change Your WhatsApp Business Account back to a normal WhatsApp Account
- Step 1: Back up your WhatsApp business account’s data (if you prefer to do so) and then uninstall your WhatsApp business app.
- Step 2: Go to google play store in case you are an android user or go to the iOS store if you are an Apple user and download the WhatsApp application.
- Step 3: Install and launch the application on your phone.
- Step 4: Now select your country and enter your phone number (the same number you used for your WhatsApp business account).
- Step 5: When you will enter your number, a message will pop stating that this number already belongs to the WhatsApp business. Tapping on ‘continue’ will register this number on normal WhatsApp.
- Step 6: After clicking ‘continue’ you will receive an OTP (one-time-password) on your registered mobile number copy-paste that OTP or type it down and then click OK.
- Step 7: Now a message will pop up asking you whether you want to restore your data or not. Click on your preferred option and then your WhatsApp is ready to be used.
How To Change WhatsApp To a Business Account?
First, you need to uninstall your normal Whatsapp because you can not use one number in your normal WhatsApp and WhatsApp business account at the same time.
Follow these steps to change your WhatsApp to a business account.
Steps to Change WhatsApp to a Business Account
- Step 1: Download WhatsApp Business from the google play store if you are an android user or download it from the iOS store if you are an iOS user.
- Step 2: Enter your phone number and then verify your phone number using an OTP.
- Step 3: Restore your data if you prefer.
- Step 4: Now enter your business name.
- Step 5: Now you can build your profile by tapping on options> settings> your business name.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I use WhatsApp business for personal use?
Yes, you can use WhatsApp business for personal use it comes with tons of features. However, you cannot use a single phone number as a WhatsApp business and normal WhatsApp at the same time.
Is there WhatsApp business web?
No, there is no WhatsApp business app which means that you cannot use WhatsApp business on desktop.
How to remove my number from WhatsApp business?
Follow these steps to remove the number from the WhatsApp business.
Steps to remove the number from WhatsApp business.
- Step 1: Open the WhatsApp business app.
- Step 2: Tap on ‘more options’ then go to ‘settings’
- Step 3: Tap on ‘account’ and then on ‘delete my account’.
- Step 4: Now enter your phone number and tap on ‘delete my account’.
Now your account is deleted from WhatsApp business.
So this was how to change your business WhatsApp to a normal WhatsApp account easily. Always remember to back up your data before deleting and you will not regret it.