Tinder is a wonderful place to find a date. But some glitches in Tinder exceed my expectations. The other day my age on Tinder was displayed 50 years old!
Luckily, I knew how to change my age. So I was able to change it.
But then I realized, maybe this problem happened with not just me. I am pretty sure that many people who are using tinder are facing this problem.
If tinder shows your wrong age then it becomes annoying because then you have to make sure that you have written your real age in your bio.
Now tell me if tinder is showing that you are 40 years old and in your bio, you mentioned that you are just 25, whom will your potential match trust? You may lose many opportunities of dating along the way.
You May Like Also: How To Unmatch On Tinder
What Happens if Tinder Shows my Age wrong?
Now you may be thinking that ‘there is nothing wrong if tinder is displaying my age wrong’ but check out what you are missing.
- 80% of people today use an age filter, which means that even if your bio mentions that you are 25, but according to Tinder you are 40 then too you won’t even be recommended to most people of your age.
- If you are looking forward to buying premium Tinder services like Tinder plus or Tinder gold then too you will be at loss. If you are younger than 30 years then you can get your Tinder gold for $14.99 per month. However, if you are above 30 years old then the price of Tinder gold shoots up to $29.99 per month.
So, now you know that the wrong age on tinder may lead to fewer potential matches and even loss of money.
But how to change age on Tinder?
In this blog, I will give you a detailed guide on how to change age on Tinder.
How To Change Age On Tinder
Depending upon how you have signed in to Tinder, there are two different ways to.
Change age on Tinder when you have signed up Using Facebook
Follow the steps given below to change your age on tinder if you signed up using Facebook.
Steps to change age on Tinder using Facebook
- Step 1: Open your Facebook app.
- Step 2: Open your profile.
- Step 3: Under your Facebook cover photo, you will find the ‘about’ section, tap on that.
- Step 4: A menu containing information about you will open. Tap on the edit basic information part
- Step 5: Change your date of birth.
Your age won’t be changed instantly, tinder will take at least 24 hours to display your new age. Also, you can not change your age on Facebook if you have recently changed it. You have to wait for a few days to change your age again.
Change your age on Tinder when you have signed up using your phone number
If you have signed up using your phone number then there is only one way to change your age and that way is by deleting your account and making a new one.
When you will delete your tinder account you will also lose all your matches and conversation.
To delete your account follow these steps.
Steps To Delete Your Tinder Account
- Step 1: Open your tinder app and go to your profile.
- Step 2: Open your settings.
- Step 3: Scroll to the very bottom of the page and you will find the ‘delete account’ option. Tap on it.
- Step 4: You will be given two options either to pause your account or to delete your account, tap on deleting my account.
- Step 5: Confirm that you want to delete your account.
Remember that if want to make a new account instantly after deleting your old account you will need a new Facebook id or new phone number. Another way is to wait for three months and then you are free to make a new account with your old phone number or Facebook id.
You May Like Also: How To Delete Messages On Tinder
How To Hide Age on Tinder
You can also hide your age on Tinder. But for then you should either have a Tinder gold or tinder plus subscription.
In a free account, you can not hide your age.
If you have premium membership then follow these steps to hide your age on Tinder.
Steps to hide age on tinder.
- Step 1: Open the Tinder app and open your profile.
- Step 2: Open profile settings and scroll down to the ‘control your profile’ part.
- Step 3: You will find the option ‘don’t show my age there. Turn it green.
And now your age will be hidden.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
These are some frequently asked questions on google related to changing age on tinder.
1. Can you fake your age on Tinder?
Yes, if you have signed up using Facebook then you can easily fake your age on tinder.
What to do if I put the wrong age on Tinder?
If you have signed up using your phone number then all you can do is delete your account and make a new one. But if you have signed up using Facebook then you can change your age on Facebook and your tinder’s age will be automatically updated after 24 hours.
2. What happens if I have been age-restricted on tinder?
To use tinder you need to be at least 18 years old. But if you accidentally made a mistake while entering your date of birth then you can go ‘age verification process on Tinder’
Read this article by tinder to know more.
So this was all about changing your age on tinder. Tinder has strict policies regarding age because tinder is an 18+ platform and to prevent the entry of kids below 18, tinder has to apply strict age restriction policies.
Changing age on tinder is easy only if you have signed up using Facebook, but don’t worry if you have to start a new account because in the initial days of your new account you will get some ‘profile boost’ from tinder because you will be viewed as a new customer.