Tinder is a place to find your date, and we have to admit that Tinder is filled with people who are actually looking for dates.
But Tinder is also full of creeps. These creeps can make your dating experience a nightmare. And now the only option left with you is to unmatch them.
Tinder is simple to use, you right swipe the people you want to match with and left swipe the people you want to reject. This can lead to some awkward moments like mistakenly right-swiping someone, trust me we all have been there, and this time too you have to unmatch them.
So, how do you unmatch someone on Tinder? The process is pretty simple.
In this blog, I will tell you everything related to unmatching someone on Tinder.
May You Like Also: How To Get Verified on Tinder
How To Unmatch Someone On Tinder
Unmatching on Tinder is easy, follow the steps given below to unmatch someone on Tinder.
Steps To Unmatch Someone On Tinder
These steps will work for both Android as well as iOS.
- Step 1: Open your chat box in the Tinder app.
- Step 2.: Tap on the picture of the match whom you want to unmatch.
- Step 3: Tap on the blue shield icon on the top right corner of their chat.
- Step 4: You will find an option to unmatch from that person. Tap on that.
- Step 5: Then tap on ‘yes unmatch’
- Step 6: Tinder will ask you for the reason for unmatching. You can either give a reason or simply select ‘no reason’
This was how to unmatch someone from tinder.
Unmatching is a permanent step. You won’t be able to undo it. Also, if you want to report someone while unmatching them, then you can tap on the ‘report and unmatch’ icon.
What Happens After Unmatching?
When you unmatch someone then your conversations will automatically be deleted from that person’s account as well as from your account.
Also, the person will not be able to find you in their match list, hence he/she will know that you have unmatched them.
Unmatching is a permanent action and you won’t be able to undo it.
Why Unmatch Someone on Tinder?
If the person is a fraud and is ruining your dating experience then the best way to escape is to unmatch them, you can also report them.
If you matched with someone by accident then also you can consider unmatching with them.
You May Like Also: How To Change Your Name on Tinder
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
These are some frequently asked questions on google about unmatching on Tinder.
1. Why can’t I unmatch someone on Tinder?
If you are not able to unmatch someone on Tinder then it is not a thing to worry about. Either it is a glitch or you have a weak internet connection.
You can try after a few times and you will be able to unmatch.
2. Can you bulk unmatch on Tinder?
No, you can not bulk unmatch on Tinder. If you want to unmatch many matches at the same time then you should consider deleting your account and making a new one.
Steps for deleting your Tinder account
- Step 1: Open your tinder app and go to your profile.
- Step 2: Open your settings.
- Step 3: Scroll to the very bottom of the page and you will find the ‘delete account’ option. Tap on it.
- Step 4: You will be given two options either to pause your account or to delete your account, tap on deleting my account.
- Step 5: Confirm that you want to delete your account.
3. Can You Unmatch and Rematch on Tinder?
You can unmatch on tinder but rematching with the same person after unmatching is impossible.
However, you can create a new account, and then you may be able to find that person again.
Can you undo unmatch?
Unfortunately no, you can not undo unmatch.
4. Can you Unmatch Someone on Tinder without text?
If you haven’t texted someone and want to unmatch them then you can search for that person and then follow these steps.
- Step 1: Tap on the picture of the match whom you want to unmatch.
- Step 2: Tap on the blue shield icon on the top right corner of their chat.
- Step 3: You will find an option to unmatch from that person. Tap on that.
- Step 4: Then tap on ‘yes unmatch’
- Step 5: Tinder will ask you for the reason for unmatching. You can either give a reason or simply select ‘no reason’
5. Is it Rude to Unmatch Someone on Tinder?
No, unmatching someone on Tinder is not rude. If you both do not have a connection or you matched accidentally or that person is a scammer or fraud then you should definitely unmatch that person right away.
6. What happens if you accidentally unmatch someone on Tinder?
If you have accidentally unmatched someone then that person will disappear from your match list and you won’t be able to undo that action.
7. How do you know if someone unmatched you?
If you are not able to see that person in your match list then either that person has unmatched you or they have deleted their account.
8. Do I unmatch if I deleted my tinder account?
After deleting your Tinder account you will be unmatched from any current matches.
This was all about Unmatching on tinder.
Tinder surely is a good app to find good people and matches but just because of a few people your dating experience can become a nightmare.
If there is someone who you think is a scammer or someone who is spamming your messages then you should definitely report them, reporting them will help tinder to make its platform safe and user-friendly.